The last thing you want after upgrading your iOS to something up to the minute like Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), is having to lose all your personal files as a result of the upgrade. In most cases, when smartphone users upgrade to newer versions of their former operating systems, they are faced with the risk of losing all their personal files, primarily due to instability issues. Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) is not an exception, most users craving to have this new operating system in their Mac devices, will face the daunting task of having to back up their files, before shifting up to the latest iOS version. Nonetheless, not all users will remember to back up their files. This means that, in case anything goes wrong, such users will lose their files and if a wrong maneuver is pursued, the person might lose his or her files forever. So how can we recover lost data on Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)?
The first thing to do after losing data on Mac OS X EI Capitan (10.11)
Immediately after realizing that you have lost data after upgrading your previous Mac device OS to Mac OS X EI Capitan (10.11), the first thing you do is to get a reliable recovery tool from the Apple store. Avoid any more tampering with the file manager, as this might lead to you overwriting the old data as you navigate through the file manager. Do not dismount the memory card if any nor hard reset the device. Head straight to the Apple store and search for a reliable data recovery tool. Wondershare Data recovery tool for Mac is the best app for this task, download and install it first.
How to recover lost data from Mac OS X EI Capitan (10.11)
The best way to recover lost data from a device with a pre-installed Mac OS X EI Capitan (10.11) is by using Wonder-share Data Recovery tool. Wonder-share Data Recovery tool is very convenient for this task especially because it is user friendly and easy to get. Just a few clicks and in a matter of minutes you will be retrieving your lost documents. Some notable features of Wonder-share Data Recovery tool include;
- It can recover data that has been deleted, wrongly formatted or even corrupted
- It is compatible with a variety of file system volumes including FAT16/32 and NTFS.
- Has four effective recovery options namely; Raw recovery, partition recovery, resume recovery and lost file recovery. These recovery modes are used depending on what has happened in order for the file to vanish
- Can recover all file formats
- This program does not alter nor modify lost data as it retrieves it
Four simple steps to follow when recovering lost data using Wonder share Data Recovery tool
- Assuming that you have already downloaded and installed the Wonder-share Data Recovery tool, open the program and select the lost recovery mode. The other three subsequent recovery options should only be used in case the lost data has not been traced by the first option.
- Scanning is the next agenda. Scanning is done by selecting the scan option on the interface. In case you have more than one drive on your Mac device then scanning is a mandatory for every drive. However, if you have only one logical drive on your Mac, scanning will be done only for this logical drive. Scanning is done to determine the location of the trash box in your Mac device
- Previewing and close checking the scanned results is then done to see whether you can trace the lost document. After scanning in step two is completed, a list of recovered file appears and one has to close check whether he can find the lost file in the list.
- Finally, select the location where you want to save the recovered files on your Mac device, then click on recover. The lost files will automatically be retrieved in the folder you just selected earlier on.
Useful tips for upgrading to Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
In order to be on the safer side, while upgrading to Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), ensure that you adhere to these 5 tips. These tips will save you the trouble of wanting to roll back to your previous iOS version, or even regretting the Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) upgrade in the first place.
- Check for compatibility qualities. Before deciding that you want to upgrade your iOS to Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) ensure that your Mac device can support it, to avoid frustrations
- Always back up your data before upgrading to any operating system. Some operating systems are very notorious with crashing and this could mean losing all your data while trying to format the drive with the crashed OS files.
- Partition your drives for data safety. In case you do not have a backup disk, partitioning your hard drive could save you from losing important data. Always ensure that your private data is never in the same drive as the operating system files (in this case the Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) files).
- Do not forego performance for supremacy. Unknown to many people, having the latest OS doesn’t really mean having the best performance. The truth of the matter is that the performance of the OS depends on the hardware capabilities. Therefore if your old Mac Book works well with the Yosemite OS, don’t bother straining it with Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) which will become much of a load to the machine.
To avoid frustrations, understand the upgrade you are moving to. Know the pros and cons before deciding to upgrade to Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11). Furthermore, base your reason for upgrading on how well the new upgrade will help you in your daily affairs, not how good it makes you feel.